So, I've had an entire month to reflect on what I got out of 2016. I think it's pretty much a universal feeling that the entire year was a bit of a rollercoaster for everyone. However, I think we have all learned a lot and I know from myself that, although things were tough at various points, I was still able to come out the other side knowing more about myself and valuing the relationships that I have with those that I love.
Just a side note: I completely understand that this post is coming a little later than expected. We are a month into 2017 but my entrance into this year was a bit rocky and I'm only now getting myself back on track...I fall off of it a lot hahaha, that's life I guess!
Anyway, without further ado, here are the ten things that I learnt from 2016:
1. Relationships that you cherish will require a good amount of time and effort - you have to be willing to put your all into them.
2. Make time for those that you love because they won't always be around.
3. Visiting new places will make you realise just how much you've been missing out on the wonders of the world.
4. Don't be afraid to speak, to anyone and everyone.
5. It's okay to take a breather once in awhile.
6. Family is the most important thing in your life, they will pick you up no matter how many times you fall.
7. It's not always about what you do but who you're with that matters.
8. Hugs are, without a doubt, the best things when you're feeling down. We all have those select few people that we go to just for their hugs - they know who they are.
9. Oreos are life...we all know they would feature at some point in this post, let's be honest!
10. Life can be harsh but you've got to learn the best ways to pick yourself up again and I know it's hard but you've got to do it for you.
P.S. I would love to hear what you learnt from 2016 and if you have any goals that you're working towards achieving in 2017.